- Please open the graph merger in a new tab or window and leave it open during the tests.
- Open all the browsers you want to test and then test the performance with the dhtml benchmark 01.
- Copy the link urls into the graph merger, type the name of the test in the first column and merge the results.
Internet Explorer: Right-click on the "Result" link, choose "properties", copy the URL from the properties dialog.
I would suggest run the test up to about 300 objects, then click "pause" and "graph it".
dhtml benchmark 01 | dhtml benchmark 02 | graph merger
Firefox 5 and Firefox 7 perform almost identical, in fact, Firefox 7.0 is a little bit slower.
- Mozilla Firefox 7.0 with HWA starts at 150fps peaks up to 180fps and delivers mere 31fps with 300 elements.
- Opera 12.00.1076 pre-alpha without HWA starts at 198fps, delivers 98fps with 300 elements and 33fps with 1298 elements (out of competition, pre-alpha version)
- Opera 12.00.1293 Labs OOP 64 bit with HWA starts at 250fps, delivers 132fps with 300 elements and pushes out impressive 1520elements at 33fps and 1639 elements at 30fps without hickup.
- Chromium 18.0.1011.0 with HWA starts with 202fps, delivers 108fps at 300 elements, 1265 elements at and 1385 elements at 30fps - not bad too.
Thanks To Remco for providing the tests.